No Bake Lemon Cheesecake with homemade cream cheese!
Egg less No Bake Lemon Cheese Cake (With Homemade Cream Cheese)
Cheesecake is always my favorite. A light, refreshing cheesecake with no baking required – how cool is that – an essential for the sweltry summer!
You need thick yogurt & paneer for preparing cream cheese at home. Yes, you heard me right! Though it’s an alternative to the actual cream cheese, trust me, this has the similar taste of the store bought ones. I could not make any difference in the taste.
• Paneer – Boil 500 ml of milk and while it comes to boil, add fresh lemon juice. Stir for a minute until the whey separates out. Strain the mixture and presto – paneer is ready
• For the thick yogurt – Pour 250 ml yogurt on a muslin cloth & place it on a strainer. Hang it for about 2 hours & here you go thick yogurt is ready.
Blend the thick yogurt and the paneer until smooth & your homemade cream cheese is ready.
For the Base:
Cookies – 250 Gms ((I used the peanut butter cookies that I baked recently. You can use any digestive biscuits or graham crackers)
Softened unsalted butter – 80 grams
For the Filling:
Cream Cheese (Recipe Above)
Heavy cream – 120 Gms
Salt – A pinch
Sugar – 250 Gms
China Grass – 2.5 Gms
Lemon Zest – 1 tablespoon
Lemon Juice – 3 tablespoons (I love the overpowering taste of lemons, please adjust to your taste)
For the Jelly Topping:
Sugar – 120 Gms
Water – 120 Gms
China grass – 2 Gms
Lemon Juice – 3 Tablespoons (I love the overpowering taste of lemons, please adjust to your taste)
Lemon Zest – 1 Tablespoon
Yellow Food Color – A Pinch
• Crush the cookies in the blender & pulse it to fine crumbs, then add the soft butter. Place the mixture into the spring form pan & level it to even layer. Refrigerate it until set.
• Break the china grass & soak it in water for 20 minutes until it’s soft.
• Beat the heavy cream until it holds shape. Just soft peaks would do.
• Mix the prepared cream cheese mixture & beat until it’s mixed thoroughly.
• Add the powdered sugar, lemon juice & the lemon zest and yellow food color (optional) to the cream mixture & beat it until combined.
• In the meanwhile, take the soaked china grass & melt it over stove until it’s completely combined with the water. There should not be any lumps which will disturb the final texture.
• Fuse the china grass solution to the cream mixture and fold it.
• Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the base and put the tin back into the fridge until the cream base has set. I refrigerated overnight.
• For the jelly topping – Prepare the china grass mixture as above. Heat the sugar & water to prepare simple syrup. Now add the lemon juice, lemon zest, yellow food color & the china grass mixture to form the gel. Put it on stove for a few more minutes until it thickens up.
• Pour the jelly topping over the set cream base & refrigerate for about an hour.
Savor the chilled egg less, gelatin free, no bake, lemon cheesecake!!