No fuss recipe. I bake this at least twice a week.
– 1 cup all purpose flour
– 1 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup cocoa powder
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– pinch of salt
– 1/2 cup oil (I used a little less than 1/2 cup)
– About 1/2 cup boiling water plus 2 tsp instant coffee
– 1/2 cup milk
– 3 tbsp curd, whipped to a smooth consistency
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180℃
2. Sift together the dry ingredients except sugar and set aside
3. In a bowl mix oil, curd, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat well to form a nice emulsion.
4. Bring water to a boil and add instant coffee. Mix well and set aside.
5. Now take the same measuring cup you used to scoop out the flour. Fill half cup with milk and rest of it with hot water mixture.
6. Tip this milk and hot water mixture into the oil emulsion mixture. Beat well until well combined.
7. Add sifted dry ingredients in two batches to the above wet mixture.
8. Fill the lined tray or brownie pan with the batter. Tap on a flat surface to remove bubbles.
9. Reduce the oven temperature to 165℃. Place the pan in the middle rack and bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean. I checked the cake at 15 minutes and waited till the 20th minute. The cake was cooked perfectly.
10. Bring the cake pan out of the oven and cool it to room temperature. Glaze the cake with Chocolate ganache or fudge icing.