1.5 cups water
1tsp Vanilla essence
200gms All purpose
1tsp Baking powder
1/2tsp Baking Soda
1. In a bowl mix water and vinegar. Keep it aside for 10mins
2. Sift the dry ingredients (Flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt)and keep it aside.
3. Add sugar to the water- vinegar mixture and mix well until the it dissolves.
4. Gradually add in oil and whisk well to make an emulsion.Add vanilla essence and whisk again.
5. Now add all the dry ingredients and beat well to a smooth consistency.
6. Line the cake tin and pour the batter.
7. Bake in a pre heated oven at 160 degree C for 25-30mins or until done.
Remove from oven cool and slice the cake, fill and frost. You may use 2 tsps of instant coffee to the same batter to make coffee flavoured cake.
Check the water level. I took 250 ml n baking time almost 40-45 mints..nice recipe