Ingredients: For 16 rumali rotis:
Whole Wheat Flour (3/4 cup)
All Purpose Flour ( 1 1/2 cup)
Water( approximately 1 1/4 cup)
Oil for rolling
All Purpose Flour for rolling and dusting
1. Make a soft, sticky dough with whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt and water.
2. Refrigerate the dough for at least half an hour.
3. Set a big pan at medium heat.
4. Divide the dough into 16 equal sized balls.
5. Roll 2 balls in all purpose flour and smoothen the balls.
6.Apply oil on one side of one of the balls.
7. Apply all purpose flour on one side of the other balls.
8. Stick these balls to each other, making the oily side of one ball facing the floury side of the other ball. Pinch these balls together and flatten between your palms.
9. Toss this new ball in all purpose flour and roll into a big disc. Make sure that you roll on both sides of the disc.
10. Cook both sides partially and separate the two layers.
11. Cook lightly on the inner side of each layer and fold each layer like a handkerchief.
2 rumali rotis get ready in one go!
Note: You could change the proportion of the two flours as per your choice. This proportion gives a rumali roti that has the same texture and taste as restaurant style rumali roti. Increasing the proportion of whole wheat flour will yield healthier roti, but that will not taste as much like the restaurant style roti