- 4 chicken thigh
- 2 tablespoons garam masala spice (mix of cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg, coriander seeds powder)
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and diced
- 10g coriander, chopped
- 4 large burger buns, halved
- Season the chicken thighs with some salt, pepper, garam masala and chili powder. Marinate for at least an hour
- To make the cucumber yoghurt, mix the regular yoghurt with the cucumber, chopped coriander, a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat and sear the chicken thighs for about 4 minutes per side.
- Cover the pan with a lid slightly ajar once the thighs are turned to create an oven effect to cook the chicken completely.
- Remove from heat.
- Fry the burger buns cut side down in the same pan to lightly grill the buns for about a minute each side.
- Layer the burgers with a piece of chicken and a good dollop of cucumber yoghurt before serving.