Preparation Time 45 mins
Ingredients for sponge cake:
5 eggs, 125 gms castor sugar, pinch of salt, vanilla essence 1 tsp, 115gms maida, 10 gms corn flour
Directions for sponge cake:
- Take a clean bowl; add eggs, sugar, vanilla essence and salt.
- Whip till soft peaks form. Sieve the Maida and corn flour together.
- Add to the egg mixture. Fold in with gentle hands so that less damage is done to the texture of the batter.
- Pour the batter in a greased and lined 8” cake tin. Bake at 200 degrees for 12-15 mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Whip 250 gms of Richs cream and keep it in the fridge.
- Cut all the fresh fruits like apple, kiwi, mango, grapes and cherries into medium pieces.
- Cut the sponge cake into three layers and soak each layer with sugar syrup.
- Layer the whipped cream on each layer and add the chopped fruit as demonstrated.
- Top up with fresh fruits.
- Serve and enjoy