Garlic and Rosemary Roast Potatoes
Roast potatoes are an important part of Christmas dinner and these crispy little numbers fill the house with a gorgeous aroma of rosemary and garlic as they are cooking.
- 1.5 kg potatoes
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 sprigs rosemary finely chopped
- Put the oil in a heavy bottomed shallow roasting tray approx 35x30cm. Place in the top of the oven at 220 degrees c to heat up.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into even sized chunks, cover with water and boil for about 10 minutes. You want the outer layer of the potato to be fluffy but not falling apart.
- Drain the potatoes and put them back into the saucepan and dot the crushed garlic over. Put the lid onto the saucepan and give it a good shake.This distributes the garlic and roughs up the potatoes which is what makes the potatoes go lovely and crispy.
- Sprinkle with the finely chopped rosemary and carefully put them into the tray of very hot oil, making sure each potato is basted in oil.
- Take the potatoes out after 25 minutes and turn, then turn down to 200 degrees and continue to cook for approx 25 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Celebrate Christmas with these small easy to make snacks and with the love of family and friends..!